Today I decided to make a quick lunch. Student life does not always permit enough time to slave for hours in the kitchen. So, this recipe promises to provide a filling meal with bursting flavour in minutes!
- Linguine pasta
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Spinach (Half a bag of washed baby spinach leaves)
- Chopped Garlic (2 cloves)
- Gram Crackers
- Moroccan Seasoning (M&S)
- Ginger Powder
- Chilli Flakes
- Vinegar (1 teaspoon)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese with Garlic and Herbs
- Sandwich Bread
- Boil the Linguine in water with some salt for about 15 minutes. The salt is important to make sure that the pasta has some flavour.
- I like to leave the linguine in cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other. You can even use some olive oil instead to prevent the sticking.
- In a hot pan add extra virgin olive oil and let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped garlic into the oil and let it brown for a minute.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, make sure to fill half the can with hot water and pour into the sauce. It will prevent the sauce from being too thick.
- Add some pepper, salt, chilli flakes, ginger powder and moroccan season.
- Mix the sauce and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Then add the spinach straight from the bag and let it wilt. The spinach should mix well into the tomato sauce.
- Then add a tablespoon of cream cheese and mix well with the sauce. You are nearly finished!
- Turn of the heat and pour a teaspoon of vinegar into the sauce, stir well.
- Crush two or three gram crackers depending on how much sauce your are making and sprinkle over the sauce. This creates a great crunch.
- Mix well and you are now ready to plate up.
- Toast some sandwich bread, I like wholemeal bread but its truly up to you. I like butter on it as well for some extra flavour.
- If you decide to put your linguine in cold water, you may want to heat it up before you plate.
- So just dollop some sauce over your linguine and garnish with a spinach leaf. Place your bread on the side and you are ready for the best part, eating!
It is a great recipe that takes only a few minutes to make. It is fresh, easy and delicious! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did 🙂 x
Full View of Photo: